Life in food gives us life.
Food is information, and the ability to process this information, (good digestion) is the core of our health. It doesn't matter if we have the healthiest of diets, and eat huge amounts of kale if we can't digest it.
Probiotic rich foods feed our gut with good bacteria, (there are about 39 trillion bacteria cells in our body!) which means low immflamation, good digestion, strong immune system and radiant skin.
Fermented foods are not a new fad they have been used for centuries in many cultures all over the world. Think; Yogurt in india, cheeses in France, pickles in Japan, krauts in Eastern Europe and so on. I try to incorporate a little bit of fermeted foods every day. Wether it is on a salad, a smoothie, or staight from the fridge. A little goes a long way.
This recipe is a powerful medicine, used mostly when we are in need for balance. It keeps one month in the fridge and takes very little time to make. It was passed on to me, and passed on to them and now passed on to you. Just like in the old days, knowledge was passed on from generations to generations.
This process of fermentation produces metabolites. Good bugs love this stuff snd so they reproduce wildly! After just two days there will be trillions of bugs in there that will act to rebuild your gut and even remove candida.
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 capsules of Saccharomyces boulardii
- Add one cup of water to 2 cups of blueberries and boil it for 20 minutes.
- When it becomes like a syrup, cool to room temp.
- MAsh the blueberries with a fork
- Open the capsules and dissolve them in the syrp , mixing well
- Transfer to a glass jar, put the lid on and label with the date
- Transfer to the ove and cook for 30 seconds at 150
- Keep it in the fridge as is for 2 days
- Trasnfer to the fridge and use as need.
Keeps in the fridge for 1 month, most potency the first week. Take 2 spoonfuls a day.