Floral Waters Infusions :
There are many methods to make rose water. The simplest are simmering and distilling. The best way to source your flowers is to grow and harvest them. This way you are staying connected to the land and knowing where your ingredients are coming from. If this is not availble use a reliable source of organic flowers, make sure they don't use pesticides to spray them as you will be using this on your skin and internally.
Fresh Rose water Recipe - You can also use flowers such as Calendula or Lavender depending on your specific goals and needs.
For example :
Chamomile: is cooling, calms the mind, good for sleep, and internally is good for digestion. Calendula: is anti-inflammatory, heals the gut, master skin regenerator, cell repair, carotenoids and vitamin A. Lavender: is anti- inflammatory, eczema, anti- oxidant, burns, cures insect bites.
Makes 16 oz
- 1 ½ cups Witch H**azel or Vodka
- ½ cup distilled water
- 3 cups of fresh rose buds or dry work
- Mix the water & witch hazel
- Place wide mouth jar , fill the glass
- Cover , let it sit for 2-3 weeks in a dark place.
- Strain and transfer store up to 1 year.
Rose : On the skin it calms the mind, soothes and is heart opening. Internally it cools the body, astringent, ease cramps.
- ¼ cup dried petals or ½ to ¾ cups of fresh
- 1 ½ cups water
- Cover bring to boil
- Simmer in the lowest setting until the leaves lose their color. Approx 5-10 min
- Leave the lid on and cool .
- Store in the fridge for several weeks